Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy For The Hauntings

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH!
(CEB II)

Ah yes, All Hallows' Eve has finally arrived, a day in which it's socially acceptable to wear ridiculous amounts of fake bling (dudes) and to masquerade as extra-skimpy versions of Disney characters (chicks). And you won't see me complaining one bit. What probably makes me the happiest is that I get an extra hour of sleep thanks to my good friend, Mr. Daylight Savings. I can't really say at this point that I have a favorite holiday, but Halloween has been making a strong case in the past couple years. Pretty much gone from the game by middle school, I was seduced by the allure once college came along. Especially when you get older and realize hyper commercialization of the jewel of our youth known as Christmas, and don't even get me started on Valentine's Day! The creativity and the excuse for rambunctiousness is enough of a sell, especially when you are getting started on a life that will be maintained by the rigidity of the everyday world. Once you look at it, it makes sense for adults to partake in this masquerading. After all, we do it with our poker faces in our workplaces and in many aspects of our social lives, including the holidays. Why not do it as a pimp with a few brews in ya from your $10 dollar chalice? Why should just the kids have all the fun? They still own the candy part of it, and apparently Trix is still made especially for them (Poor rabbit. Always felt for him, even as an eight year old with a sugar high.). As a kid at heart, I think that everyone should keep in touch with that side. It's the part of you that brings out creativity, joy and simply the ability to not give a care in the world. That carefree joy is the essence of Halloween, and it makes it more and more appealing as I get older. Have to bust out my putter now, because Tiger Woods is gonna be making some appearances tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment