Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Birthday Blog

My blinged-out 22nd. Pimpin'!
(CEB II)

At 8 AM this morning on this 300th day of the year, I officially turned to the 24th page of my life. I can easily look back and say that the year that passed was less than stellar, with my lack of job and all. However, I think I have learned more about myself and my capabilities in this past year than I have in any other. I traveled outside the country and witnessed new perspectives and opportunities that will always be there for me to dive into, especially when the economic times start improving. I've went out and saw some good friends that I probably wouldn't have been able to see if I was currently stranded with a career. Most importantly through the past 365, I'm armed with the knowledge of who I do and don't want to be in this life. Sometimes you need to jump a few hurdles before you learn more about yourself and appreciate some of the finer things life has to offer. So all in all, I didn't exactly have it that bad. After all, I could be a Mets fan witnessing this season and banging my head at the sight of the year's World Series. In fact, I will probably look back ten or twenty years from now and mark being 23 as the year I personally matured, even though I feel like I'm 17 at times mentally. Hopefully the Celtics can open their season with one final gift for me as they begin their season in Cleveland tonight. Once again, thank you for all the well wishes! Being a lover of purely useless information, here are some fun facts I gathered up on the history of my date of birth.

Some Famous People Born On Oct. 27th:
- Theodore Roosevelt (26th U.S. President, 1858)
- Dylan Thomas (Welsh poet, 1914)
- Ralph Kiner (Hall of Fame baseball player, 1922)
- Roy Lichtenstein (American artist, 1923)
- John Gotti (Mobster, 1940)
- Simon LeBon (Lead singer of Duran Duran, 1958)
- Scott Weiland (Lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, 1967)
- Kelly Osbourne (Singer and reality TV star, 1984)
- Brady Quinn (Football player, 1984)
- Andrew Bynum (Basketball player, 1987)
- Yi Jianlian (Basketball player, 1987)


Huge Events
- Amsterdam "put on the red light".....or founded (1275)
- Columbus discovers Cuba (1492)
- Philadelphia founded (1682) to hopefully field a baseball team to beat the Yanks in '09. That sounds accurate. I hope.
- The Kansas City Royals beat the Cardinals to win the World Series in 7. (1985, day I was born) I must be a bad omen to the Cardinals (see 2004).
- Turkmenistan achieves independence from U.S.S.R. (1991). Probably nothing has happened there since.
- Firing of Grady Little after arguably the worst managerial decision ever. (2003)
- The Boston Red Sox sweep the Cardinals to break their 86-year hex. (2004, Best! Gift! Ever!)


Mochaman's Fantasy Football Report

- Boston Beersquad - 6-1 (1st, Plax's Got a Gun, 1st in Division 2, 889.84 Pts.)
Starting to like Ochocinco more with the day he put on for my team this week, but the MVP of the week by far goes to TE Vernon Davis. But with Ochocinco, Santonio Holmes and Portis out of the lineup due to bye weeks, I hope I can find the suitable replacements to keep this hot streak going. Hope to push my self further in the overall standings with another divisional matchup coming on the horizon. This is getting exciting (You know I'm knocking on wood!)!

- Killa' Beavaz - 4-3 (3rd, Yahoo Public 179914, 703.08 Pts.)
Got the smack down laid on me this week, as I only had two double-digit point performances (Ronnie Brown, Pats D) from my entire active roster. I knew I would be hurt by the Brandon Marshall/Chris Johnson bye week a month ago, but I didn't think it would produce the lowest scoring week of my fantasy football season. Must find a suitable replacement for the Patriots defense plus hope for better performances from guys like McNabb and Fitzgerald if I am still going to contend for the top of the division.

No comments:

Post a Comment