Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Didn't We Do This A Month Ago?

See! Some things have just got in the way.
(CEB II)

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack (again)! So much for coming back full force in May. I mean, there has been a ton to write about. A Barcelona league title, a somewhat-shocking Celtics final run and BP's little 'oopsies' moment were all for the taking for me to wax poetic about, or at least a chance to wax informal prose. To be fair, there was a lengthy computer issues that needed to be resolved. After pulling out my own hair between constant sessions with call centers and getting all my data backed up without an operating system (Figure that one out), it's back to go time, but the aftermath is still making me dizzy, especially after looking at the final bill to regulate this whole debacle. I'd also be lying if I didn't say that a bout of pure laziness (to be fair, an 'active laziness') hadn't slowed my blogging to a halt. Between getting accustomed to a new job and trips to D.C., it's been a wee bit difficult to sit down and boil up those creative juices into 300-600 words of enlightenment. Then again, it would be pretty difficult to compete at the blogging level up against the times when the idleness known as my endless job search last year took up all my minutes this time last year. It turns out that this lengthy pause is just what I've needed to get the pistons in my brain working into a new level of horsepower, pondering about new and interesting topics while refreshing my perspectives on the things that are already familiar to me. After all, it would have been boring for me to write about a 4th place Red Sox team that seemed to be on the decline, all while trying too hard to conjure up a refreshing nugget during this cyclone known as my life. It's all about quality, and it wouldn't be fair to you or me if I just blurted out half-hearted entries just for quick boosts to my reader stats. Especially after the creative blend I was able to pull off with my 'Locked Up' entry, I knew I could push myself further and be able to paint a meaningful picture without writing every time the wind changed direction. I vow not to let my 'active laziness' slow me down (I mean it this time!), but I'm also determined to bring quality over quantity as I head into the second year of the Cloud 10 administration. Probably be less articles I bang out, but hopefully each entry becomes more enlightening in some way. So, this is just declaration that the flint has been struck once again, and the chronicles will sure continue. Now, here's some montages just to show you I haven't been trapped in a catacomb for the past 2 months!


Memorial Day In D.C.

"O.M.G" - Usher (Featuring will.i.am) - Raymond v. Raymond, 2010




Red Sox - Orioles 4/30 (From The State Street Pavilion)

"Rocker" - AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, 1976


No comments:

Post a Comment